Our Engineering Tertiary Study Scholarship is worth $5000, and is offered annually to an Eastland region student for a period of one year.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be a tertiary student in your first, second or third year of tertiary study, or be a school leaver commencing your first year of study next year.
You must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand, living within the Eastland region.
You must be studying one of the following subjects:
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Chemical and process engineering
How to apply
- This year, for the first time, students can apply online and include either a 750 word essay or a short video to support their submission.
- To apply, go to eastlandcareers.nz and enter the reference code 3698681.
- Or, drop your application into Eastland Group, 37 Gladstone Rd, attention: R Barclay.
- Applications must be received by 31 October 2017, and the successful recipients will be announced mid December.
Applications close 5pm, 31 October 2017.
Applications will be reviewed on:
- Academic achievement
- Character and leadership potential
- Potential to contribute to engineering industry in New Zealand.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
If you are successful in your application, the scholarship amount will be paid in one instalment in the first semester.
- Eastland Group has the power to terminate or suspend a scholarship, if it receives an unsatisfactory report on the progress of a student.
- Eastland Group is not obliged to offer a scholarship if, in any year, there is no candidate of sufficient merit.
- The recipient of the scholarship will, if required, work for Eastland Group based in Gisborne over their summer holiday period. This work will be paid.
- The recipient of the scholarship will, if required, take part in publicity activities as required by Eastland Group. These are usually restricted to photo opportunity on announcement of the scholarship award.
- Eastland Group may vary these regulations at any time.